Saturday, April 22

Still Achin' After All These Days

I'm sitting here enjoying my coffee on a Saturday morning. Back from three fun days in Omaha with 140 other Scoular employees. And I realize that my legs ache. And not from standing too long at Scoular social gatherings. I'm still aching from the curling orientation that Kate and I did on Tuesday night.

In spite of the fact that I've been biking to work throughout the winter, that I just returned from a hiking trip in Zion and that I stretch regularly, my legs still ache from the rigors of an hour of curling four days ago. It turns out that the delivery of a curling stone is a fairly unusual position for me. Not that my form really resembled the woman in the photo. But that is the move Kate and I were trying to make. Trust me - it's not a natural posture.

Though I'm aching a bit, the curling was really fun. "Barnie" - our instructor (no, not that "Barny") - taught us the basic moves. We even got to play a two-end game. Won by our squad 1-0 on the strength of a shot of mine that scored. I'm sure it only scored due to Kate's skill as a sweeper. I was already a convert to curling, but now my curling Jones is even stronger. I'll try to break in to the ranks of regular curlers next year. By then my legs should feel fine again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Dude would have curled if he'd lived in St. Paul.