Sunday, June 25

How I Spent My Weekend

This weekend has been the first "quiet" weekend we have had for a while. Kind of a nice weekend to zone out. A couple of times I just sat and listened to a nice quiet rainfall. But in spite of my "new age guy" personality, I am not without Y chromosomes. And as we prepared for Peter's grad party, I became trouble by the infrequency with which friends just drop by. Perhaps, I surmised, it was that our house was not sufficiently inviting from the street. So I resolved to do something about it. With my new open door policy in mind, I took my saw, my ax and the aforementioned Y chromosomes to the front yard. Here are the results.

Before:



After:



Before:



After:



My sense of humor simply wouldn't let me cut down the last "stem" of the cedar on the right. It just looked too much like a little palm tree waving in the breeze. Tropical climates are always inviting. So far, my plan is working like a charm. Harry came over to watch some World Cup soccer this morning. I did invite him, and like most of our friends he came in via the back door. But I'm counting it as a success story. And I've created two new spaces where Kate can utilize her tremendous gardening skills. The house will be even more inviting after she has worked her magic out there!

1 comment:

country girl said...

Now people know that you have a wonderful blue door. You could be a candidate for Home and Garden TV. I love your blog.
Country Girl aka Kathy