Saturday, March 18

Prognostication


It's that time of year again. The time when people across the U.S. try to emulate Nostradomus - divining the fortunes of sixty four NCAA basketball teams. Over the years I've developed several of these bets. Lots of lunches on the line. But really it's all about bragging rights. The Thursday and Friday rounds just completed are one of my favorite times of the year.

But for me, the Masters, the grandaddy bet of them all, is the draft style bet I do with Harry. If anything, Harry is more analytical than I. We've been doing this draft for a long time. We're about even over the years (and if that's my impression you know that Harry must be ahead). This year we held our draft on Tuesday with a couple of drafts of Surly beer. Harry, as always, pondered heavily on each pick.

I've been watching those poker shows on TV. So this year I cleverly used sunglasses to hide my churning emotions.

On second thought, maybe not so cleverly. After two rounds, we're knotted 16 to 16. It's anyone's ballgame. The fun continues today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't understand why the sunglasses ploy failed...