Sunday, December 23

Possums, Perspiration and Parties

I really should get going on our official holiday blogcard. And I will. Peter and Madeline are home for the holidays. The presents are purchased (if not wrapped). But yesterday was visually interesting. Beautiful snow in the morning. In the afternoon Madeline spotted an apparently confused opposum in our yard, ambling away at his or her glacial pace.


The sauna that I have spent much of the last month building is, except for a few fine tuning details, completed. We had our first family sauna, a proper christening of the space.


We fit though, unlike the high-capacity cabin sauna, four people is about the max. But I must say humbly that I did a good job converting a basement closet into a great space. Now we just have to remodel the rest of the basement and figure out where to put the things that were in the closet.

We capped the evening at a party hosted by our friends Don and Phil in their 29th floor condo in downtown Minnepolis. It was like living in a real city, and the view is just breathtaking. I spent less time in witty and urbane conversation than I probably should. I just couldn't stop gazing out the window. A great time.

No comments: